Charles Gaines, LA-based conceptual artist, faculty member at CalArts, and recipient of the 2019 Edward MacDowell Medal, will transform the Book & Printed Matter Lab at Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles into his classroom. On the occasion of ‘Charles Gaines. Palm Trees and Other Works,’ he will conduct a ten-part lecture series on the tenets of aesthetics and critical theory in art, bringing his mastery of the field into a public setting.
The lecture series is free to attend, however, reservations are required and space is limited. Attendees will be emailed 48 hours in advance of the lecture and must confirm their space. Any unconfirmed spaces will be released to the waitlist.
The Book and Printed Matter Lab will open Saturday 14 September for research purposes prior to the first lecture on Thursday 26 September.
CLASS SCHEDULE, PART ONE:
5 – 6 pm
- Occurred Thursday, September 26th, 2019 @ 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Occurred Thursday, October 3rd, 2019 @ 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Occurred Thursday, October 10th, 2019 @ 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Occurred Thursday, October 17th, 2019 @ 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Occurs Thursday, November 7th, 2019 @ 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm