DTLA-In the Central City Crime Report, we survey a recent week in public safety. All information is provided by the LAPD’s Central Division.
* Someone left a bag and a cell phone at the security gate of a Hope Street parking garage at around 2 a.m. on Jan. 27. Two people rode up on bicycles, grabbed the items, then fled.
* At around 3:30 a.m. on Jan. 27, an unidentified individual demanded to see another person’s phone at the Seventh Street/Metro Center station. The assailant then punched the victim, who fell to the ground, and snatched the person’s belongings.
* A woman was driving into a Hope Street parking garage on the morning of Jan. 27 when someone jumped into the car from the passenger side, grabbed her phone, and then ran off.
* Someone entered a Figueroa Street department store on Jan. 27 and tried to stuff food into a duffel bag. A witness intervened and was knocked down. The thief then fled.
* Three men at Second Street and Central Avenue tried to take a woman’s bicycle on the evening of Jan. 27. She held on, and they ran off.
* An unidentified individual broke the side window of a Spring Street office building on the morning of Jan. 28. A laptop and other items were taken from a desk.
* An unidentified individual snuck up on a woman in an alley on the night of Jan. 28 and tried to grab her purse. She was pulled to the ground but hung on to the purse, and the would-be assailant gave up and fled.
* At noon on Jan. 29, someone tried to pry open the door of a government building at Arcadia and Main streets. Police arrested the suspect.
* On the night of Jan. 29, the window of a Nissan parked on Flower Street was smashed. Money from the car was taken, as was the vehicle’s battery.
* Someone approached a pedestrian at Sixth and Crocker streets at 4 a.m. on Jan. 30 and stabbed the person in the arm. The victim called police.
Copyright 2019 Los Angeles Downtown News